Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

PUPPY love

My dad's hunting dog Maggie recently had puppies!  Well obviously I made the drive to go see/take pictures of/ hold some sweet newborn puppies.  There are adorable.  They are the smallest little things ever!  I have some of the pictures of them down below.

But on the subject of puppies I read this book a couple of weeks ago that is in the dogs perspective.  It is a novel that is written about this man and his relationship with his dog.  Well it is my dad to at t (interesting thing is my dads name is T haha). I was reading this book and thinking about how much this dog loved his owner.  He would have done anything for him.  He protected him and his family, he was his companion all throughout the years, he would love and kiss all up on him even if he was left alone all day, and he had this intuition to know when his owner needed help.  I know that this book is fiction, but there is truth behind this.  My family has always been dog lovers and my dad is the ring leader of that.  And there is something about a dogs love that is unlike any other.  That dog will love you unconditionally.  When you have a relationship with a dog so much grace is given to us from the dog.  I mean lets face it, we probably all have pets or want pets but know that we don't spend enough time with our pets.  No matter what, the dog will happily greet you at the door and act like he or she has never been so excited to see someone in their life!  And when you do get to have a little play time with your dog it will literally make their life!  I don't know there is just something about a dogs love!   Its like the best ever, I guess that is why they call new exciting relationships puppy love, because its just so darn great!
I think that this sweet love can be translated to our love from Jesus.  I think we could all say that we should focus our attention on Him more throughout the day.  But when we get to spend time with Him, and make Him the priority, He is literally jumping for joy.  He loves us that much, each of us.  Each one of us he is jumping for joy with the time spent together!  He is there for our protection, to let us know when something is up and to be that constant companion.  That companion that is always there!
This is why I am going to believe that all dogs go to heaven, because they are like Jesus :)!!


No comments:

Post a Comment