Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blessings

"Whatever makes us feel superior to other people, whatever tempts us to convey a sense of superiority, that is the gravity of our sinful nature, not grace"--- Phillip Yancey

I remember one time in college when me and some of my buddies in YL went down the Mississippi to do relief work for Hurricane Katrina.  The guy that was in charge of the organization made a statement that could have been border line insult, but I loved it.  He said, "I am not sure if I have ever seen a group of people that understand the grace of Christ so much!"  Now you may say, hey how crazy are y'all, but it wasn't that it was more that it was such a REAL community.  We were not scared of opening up and being vulnerable with people.  That is what so often draws people to Christ and drew me to Christ.  I would hope that I would live a life that is conveying that same openness and welcome factor!
The above quote makes me see the same thing.  We need to be a people that are continually keeping our own pride in check.  We do not need to be perfect to invite others to life with Christ or even close to perfect but more a people that understands our HUGE need for Christ.  Many of the disciples figured out this need before they followed Christ, falling on the ground because of recognizing how great He is and how fallen we are.  If we don't recognize our need for Christ, we don't need Christ.  And if we do not show others that same grace then we are not showing Christ.
I got to spend a weekend with a bunch of people that understand and strive to live out this grace.  It was with our Young Life leaders here and we went to the beach for a retreat.  We spent the weekend sharing and being real and AHHH it makes me so happy to see people and hear people being open with each other.  I loved being with these friends and the weekend was a refreshing, rest filled weekend.  Not because we lounged around but because we accepted each other with the grace of Christ.

Here are some pics from the weekend.
 They dressed up as Meg and Andrew- SOOOO FUNNY


 Love these two
 Love the light in this
 Western Warriors WOOO!!!
 WILLIAMS- with a creeper in the back
 Leaders minus- Steve and Gretchen- missed you!!!




Sweet william!!



No comments:

Post a Comment