Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I love Young Life Camp!

I love my job.  I get to go to camp with kids several times a year and talk to them about Jesus and laugh a lot with them.  I LOVE IT!!!  I got to go with some campaigner kids this past week, those are kids in our smaller bible study type event.  These kids deal with the stresses of high school but are trying to walk with the Lord and figure out what exactly that means.  

I love the walls that are broken down in the weekend, through laughter, realness, even food brings down walls.  Kids begin to open up about the struggles and realize IT IS OK to struggle.  We watched a video from the website I am second, it is a website with videos on celebrities and real people that are talking about living for Christ and their own struggles.  We watched one where a pastor told his story how he always felt he had to be perfect so he created a false self where he could hide who he really was.  It was intense but moving.  It really brought kids out of their shells about struggles.  Realizing that God wants to love the real us, not the one we made up.  He wants to love our inner core and wants us to be real about it.  THe good the bad the ugly, God wants to love every bit of us.  If we create false selves that seem to look better, is it really better?  God knows the truth, lets be truthful.  And many times when we open up about what is going on in our hearts, God uses that to help others.  

Loneliness, I think loneliness is what comes out of cover ups.  We feel like we are the only ones that struggle.  Whelp, thats not true, we are all human so we all have struggles.

I loved being at camp this weekend talking to teenagers about their struggles and getting REAL!  I love realness!  Sometimes we just need to share to be set free.

Here are some pics of the time.  


The Father/Son duo that pulled off an insane blob!!

The food that breaks down walls :)!!



Laughter Laughter, got to love it!





5 comments:

  1. girl. those pictures are AMAZING. including the beautiful one of your fabulous new haircut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun!
    I miss it :)

    And, OH MY GOSH! Your hair looks FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got your hair cut!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! :)
    P.S. I am just in love with your blog... way to go Crystie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post!! You know it brought tears to my eyes. :)! Thank you so much for your commitment to YL and our children. The blob picture is truly insane. It is the first thing I see now when I turn on my ipad-love it! How come I didn't know you had a blog before now? It is great-I will be a regular reader now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops-I see now that it is brand new! :). I am a little slow-just ask my children!

    ReplyDelete