Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

#1000 gifts

Have you read the book 1000 gifts?
It is amazing.  Changed my life. 
One, it is an amazing story.  Two, this lady loves Jesus in such a beautiful way.
She had a lot of difficult things happen in her life that could have made her bitter or angry.  Instead she became thankful.  She wrote a list every day of things that she was thankful for.  She talks about having a heart of gratitude, even on the days that is the last thing you want.
It really has changed my life.  When I start having a pity party or believing lies about my life I write out a list of gifts.  What am I thankful for?  It changes my whole perspective.  We really have so much to be thankful for.  Especially when we think about everything that is going on in our world.  Me, living in a nice apartment, with a job, and food on the table.  Not to mention living in America in general.  I have lots to be thankful for.  But that is just the tip of the iceberg.  There are so many other things I have to be thankful for. 
The other night I had a bad night.  You know how those go.  Start to feel upset about something, believing something that isn't true.  So I sat up to journal with Jesus for a while.  Read some scripture.  Sent some emails to friends to ask them to pray for my heart.  Then I wrote a thankful list. 
I woke up a completely different person.  Jesus is so good!  He listens and hears me in my bratty moments.  The times that I am complaining about everything under the sun.  He comforts me, loves me and then he redirects me.  He reminds me of his promises along with showing me how gracious He has already been!
He's really the best.  Well I thought I'd share a little of my list with you.

What are you thankful for?  Think of your 1000 gifts today!

Also she has an awesome blog.  Click here to see it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment