Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bind My Wandering Heart To Thee

Come Thou Fount-
One of my favorite songs!  I remember in college we would have YL leadership in the Area Director's basement singing this song!  There would be a fire going (as it was probably snowing or FREEZING outside since it was Tech) with all of my closest friends belting out this song.
I saw on pinterest (of course) that someone put this on old boards above their bed.
What a great idea?

I needed something above my bed and what a better thing to sleep below.
Bind my wandering heart to Thee is surrounded by these verses.
Here it is:
So to grace, how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be
And let They goodness like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee

Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, Lord take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above

What a powerful song.  Let thy goodness-  that is so much greater and as I am so undeserving - Bind my heart to the God I am so prone to wander from. But I want badly to be bound and scripture says I am sealed with Jesus.  So this is my prayer that hangs above my head.  As I end each day and begin each day this will be my prayer.  That the God that is so gracious to a huge debtor like myself, will continue to bind my wandering heart to Him!

And its made with an old pallet I found at my parents house- that makes it even more fun.  Not only cause I am in love with pallets currently- but its old, torn down and doesn't seem to have a purpose- but sweet words of Jesus' purpose are painted on top.

Whats a project without some pics of the final project.

I had to get my brother to break apart the boards from the pallet.  I don't know how people say they can do that themselves.  I had the hardest time with it- thats when I brought in a boy- he got it done.
The I cleaned them up.
Added some boards on the back that connected the boards- I wanted them to be a little off balance and uneven- I mean thats my life too!!
Then I used my friend Meg's cricket to paint on the words to the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment